Turo is a peer-to-peer car rental marketplace that allows people to rent their personal cars to others. It’s a great way to make extra money, but it’s important to have the right insurance.
Turo offers a variety of insurance plans to choose from, and the cost of your insurance will vary depending on the plan you choose, the type of car you buy, and the length of your rental.
How Much Is Turo Insurance For Renters?
As a guest, you can purchase tour insurance or use your own personal car insurance. If you decide to buy Turo Insurance, you will have the following options:
Minimum Plan: This plan costs 18% of the trip price and includes the minimum third-party liability insurance required by the state where the vehicle is registered. It also includes physical damage coverage that limits your liability for physical damage to your host’s car to $2,000.
Standard Plan: This plan costs 40% of the trip price and includes the same coverage as the minimum plan and mechanical and internal damage to the host’s car.
Premium Plan: This plan costs 60% of the trip price and includes the same coverage as the standard plan and $0 deductible and fare payment coverage.
For example, if the trip costs $100, the insurance cost will be:
- Minimum plan: $18
- Standard Plan: $40
- Premium Plan: $60
How Much Is Turo Insurance For Hosts?
As a host, you must have car insurance, but you can also buy additional protection from Turo. Touro offers the following security plans for hosts:
- 75 Plan: This plan costs 25% of the trip price and can cover $750,000 third-party liability insurance and $250 deducted.
- 80 Plan: This plan costs 20% of the trip price and can cover $750,000 in third-party liability insurance and $750.
- 85 Plan: This plan costs 15% of the trip price and offers $750,000 third-party liability insurance and $1,625 deductible.
- 90 Plan: This plan costs 10% of the trip price and can cover $750,000 third-party liability insurance and $2,500.
Factors That Affect The Cost Of Turo Insurance
Turo insurance costs are affected by a variety of factors, including:
- Your car type: More expensive cars usually have high insurance rates.
- Length of your rent: Long rentals usually have high insurance rates.
- Your driving record: Clean drivers typically have low insurance rates.
- Your age: Younger drivers typically have high insurance rates.
- Your location: Insurance rates may vary depending on where you live.
What Factors Influence Turo Insurance Costs?
Here are a few things you can do to save money on turo insurance:
Choose a low-cost insurance plan:
If you feel uncomfortable with the risk, you can buy a more comprehensive one, but it will cost more.
Get a quote from multiple insurers:
Touro offers insurance from multiple providers, so it’s always a good idea to get quotes from multiple insurers before you book a trip.
Bundle your insurance policy:
If you have other insurance policies, such as home or tenants’ insurance, you can save money by bundled them with your Turo insurance policy.
Additional tips for saving money on Turo Insurance
Rent from a host that offers a discount to use your car insurance: If you want to use your car insurance instead of buying tur insurance, some hosts offer a discount.
Rent from a host that has a good rating: The host with a good rating is more likely to have a well-maintained car, which can reduce the risk of harm.
Take photos of the car before and after your rental: This will help protect you if there is any damage to the car while you rent.
Be aware of the risks associated with renting a car: Car rental can be risky, so it’s important to be aware of the risks involved before you book a trip.
When To Purchase Turo Insurance?
Generally buying turo insurance is a good idea, especially if you’re renting a car for the first time or don’t feel comfortable with the risks. If you have a good driving record and you’re renting a car from a reputable host, you may be able to save money using your car insurance instead of buying turo insurance. However, it is always a good idea to compare the costs of the two options before making a decision.
How To Get An Accurate Quote For Turo Insurance?
The best way to get an accurate quote for Turo insurance is to enter your rental details on the Turo website. The Turo website will consider all the factors that affect insurance costs to give you an accurate quote, such as the type of car you’re renting, the length of your rental, your driving record, and your age.
Also Read: Car Price Information
Here are the steps on how to get an accurate quote for Turo insurance on the Touro website:
- Go to the Turo website and enter your rental details, such as the date, the type of car you’re renting, and
- pickup and drop-off locations.
- Click on the “Get a quote” button.
- The Turo website will show you a list of insurance plans and their associated prices.
- Choose the insurance plan that best suits your needs and budget.
Turo insurance can be expensive, but it’s important to have the right protection when renting a car. By choosing the right insurance plan and taking advantage of any available discounts, you can save money on your turo insurance costs.